Would you like to create your own employment, work from home and support the development of children in your community?

Are you interested in providing quality child care from your home? The United Counties of Prescott and Russell are looking for dynamic people who would like to offer quality child care services from their home. The Home Child Care provider provides a stimulating environment in which children can create, explore and develop in a safe environment. This role allows you to make a difference in the lives of children.

Starting your own home-based business is a rewarding experience. You are doing work that is recognized and in demand in your own home. You can increase your family income without having to work outside the home.

I would like to attend an information session

You can access our information booklet directly by clicking the button below

Ready to give it a try? Contact us now

Frequently asked questions

No, only a high school diploma is required since you would have support and guidance if needed.

When you are a licensed service, you are allowed 6 children (maximum of 3 under 24 months). Your own children under the age of 4 count towards this ratio.

Yes, it’s your business. You have the choice and the final say in choosing a family that is right for you. We also have a list of placements available to help you in your search.

No, the daycare is your own business. You sign an agreement with us in order to be licensed by the Ministry of Education. However, we take care of your remuneration, and it will be deposited directly into your account every 2 weeks. You will also receive a T4A statement for your income tax return.

No, United Counties is able to provide missing equipment (strollers, playpen, toys, highchair, etc.)

The income you can receive varies depending on the child placements and government funding.

Here are 2 possible scenarios that may explain further.

Child care provider without children

  • 4 children 2 years old and over ($33.50 ea. per day)
  • 2 children 2 years and under ($35.00 ea. per day)
  • Additional government funding currently in effect ($20.00 per day)

If you are open for the 10 days (2 week billing cycle):

  • 4 x 33.50 = 134.00$ x 10 days = 1 340.00
  • 2 x 35.00 = $70.00 x 10 days = $700.00
  • Additional funding 20.00 x 10 days = $200.00
  • Total for 2 weeks = $2,240.00

Child care provider with one child

  • 4 children of 2 years and older ($33.50 ea. per day)
  • 1 child under 2 years old ($35.00 ea. per day)
  • My own child 2 years old and under.
  • Additional government funding currently in effect ($20.00 per day)

If you are open for the 10 days (2 week billing cycle):

  • 4 x 33.50 = 134.00$ x 10 days = 1 340.00
  • 1 x 35.00 = $35.00 x 10 days = $350.00
  • Additional financing 20.00 x 10 days = $200.00
  • Total for 2 weeks = $1,890.00

Not at all, your home must follow building code regulations to be safe, but you don’t have to do anything to be accepted with UCPR. The child care advisors may be able to provide suggestions, but this will never include doing renovations.

No, since you are self-employed, the days that you aren’t able to provide the service are at your expense.

Yes, when a child is absent on a contracted day, the parent is still charged.

For you; nothing. The United Counties handles parent billing, meaning you don’t have to worry about it, we handle everything.

© 2022 All Rights Reserved – Early ON Child and Family Centre
Web Design by bloomcreation.caWeb Development by Logo - VERYA Inc.